Vu+ Temperature Sensor
To be used in conjunction with the Vu+ Data Logger
This general-purpose Temperature sensor is the most commonly used sensor in the range. It can accurately measure the temperature of the air, water, soil and weak acidic solutions.
°C: -30 to +110, 0 to 110, 0 to 50 °F: -22 to 230, 0 to 232, 0 to 120
- Exploring how warm or cold e.g.
- Are your hands warmer than mine?
- How warm is our classroom?
- How to decide when it is hot or when it is cold?
- How does exercise change us?
- Recording e.g.
- Temperature game
- Cooling rates
- How does temperature change as you heat water?
- Monitoring using 2 Temperature sensors e.g.
- Hot drinks
- What shall I wear today?
- Too hot!
- Keeping warm!
- Investigating e.g.
- Our Room
- How heat changes against time.
- Observation e.g
- When materials combine, there will be a reaction.
- Insulation investigations e.g.
- Heat gain and loss (See also the Vu Powerhouse)
- Changing of state e.g.
- Freezing and melting of water, Hot water
- Earth, Sun and Moon e.g.
- Environment: e.g.
- Pond and river studies
- What’s different?
- Bug Alert.
- Solar energy
- Respiration e.g.