Vu+ Timing Ramp Set
For use in conjunction with the Vu+ data logger.
The logger LCD screen and the PC can show time and speed results where the whole class can be involved in active, engaging, practical and fun experiments. Comes with a finger friendly ramp, easy height adjustment and different friction surfaces. Each switch has a lead approximately 90 cm long with a plug at one end and the magnetic proximity switch at the other end connected to the VU logger.
The set comprises of:
- A 1 m high simple adjustable ramp with four height adjustment positions
- Four slope surfaces with different levels of friction.
- A car that has space for weights (not supplied).
- 2 magnet proximity switches which fit into two holes in the ramp and will connect to a Vu or Vu+ data logger
- A magnet which is attached to the underside of the cart using the sticky pads supplied.
The Switches will detect the magnet/car as it travels down the ramp. This change can be used to record:
- The Time the car took to travel from switch A to B
- Its Speed between A and B (by entering the distance from switch A to switch B)
- Acceleration between A and B (by entering the length of the magnet)